Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dining Room Progress

 7.07.2012

When we first moved in, there was a ceiling fan stationed off-center in the dining room. The previous owners must have put the fan directly over where their table was positioned, with complete disregard to the center of the the room. Being that we have a SQUARE table, we knew this wasn't going to work. So B and our extremely talented & handy friend went to work on removing the fan, re-centering the electrical and hanging the chandelier that was given to us by my cousin.



It was a long project, with a lot of drywall dust and a few trips to Home Depot.  But watching these guys was so much fun.

I was the lucky one who was assigned the job of lining up all the crystals and stringing them together.  This was tedious, but well worth it!

Also, during this project, I was prohibited from coming near any electrical, and for good reason.  I had flash-backs of when I got electrocuted at our old house trying to hang the chandelier by myself...(B was on his bachelor party and I was channeling my energy toward something efficient)

B and his hi-tech protective gear (trash bag + sunglasses)
Finished! But of course, the medallion we didn't have prior to hanging the chandelier...I picked it up at Home Depot for $50 and spray painted it with high gloss black spray paint.  B had to take the whole dang thing down, attach the medallion and then reassemble.  Poor guy, he's a trooper though!
I just LOVE this room now!

Now I just need a rug, large mirror for the back wall and window treatment for the french doors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP