Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Master Bedroom Inspiration

 10.29.2011

I love the idea of having two mini benches at the foot of the bed.  There are a lot of fabulous finds at Home Goods and various Vintage High End Consignment Shops in Newport Beach and San Clemente. One of my favorite furniture consignment shops is Home Consignment Design Center located off El Camino Real in San Clemente.  A fabulously talented male couple owns this store, and they have a knack for presentation to say the least!


A note on chandeliers: We live in California people, why is it that designers always place chandeliers directly overhead of the bed.  While this look is certainly beautiful, it does not strike me as the most functional or prudent choice in the event of a shaker.
Shown below is the Stanley Louis Louis Elliot's Wing Man Bed that I am crazy over right now....
I love the tufted headboard shown above, but B put his foot down, literally and metaphorically when he told me he does NOT like the tufted look and will not approve of this selection for our master bed.  Therefore, the Stanley Wing man bed is the front-runner choice as of now.  Although B is not crazy about the nail head look either, he is willing to compromise so long as there is no tufting.  I have found there is a delicate balance and definitely an art to creating a gender neutral space for the master bedroom!


I love the look of sheer drapes framing the windows, and hope to place this "swag" as shown in the above photograph behind our bed.

  I was SO happy when I saw this beautiful reclaimed wood mirror online at Hudson Goods (specializing in vintage industrial home decor).  This mirror goes for $595! I got both mirrors below for our room for $35 a piece at Big Lots.  Yes, I had to put up with the store clerk asking me whether I was designing a cabin, but who cares! 
 Every room needs a sitting area.  For our master bedroom, the choice was between these two chairs above.  In the end, we went with the bottom chair shown directly above as it was half the price of the other one, and we liked the darker contrast in wood.
 This large stand alone mirror was yet another great Home Goods find! The metal accents look a bit like a Roman helmet, but overall I think it serves its purpose as a masculine accent, and will balance out the more gender ne

Shown above is a side accent table/night stand to accompany the Wing Man Bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP