Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Forgotten Spuds

 11.12.2011

On overcast wintery days, nothing quite warms your soul like a steamy bowl of vegetarian black bean chili over macaroni and cheese (made with vegan butter and soy milk).  Sometimes you just need good ol comfort foods.  After settling in and enjoying with our warm bowls of chili and cheesy goodness, I decided I would end the evening with a batch of warm homemade vegan gluten free carob chip cookies.
After cleaning up the dishes from dinner, I began to prepare the cookie batter and turned to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  It was then that I realized the oven was already on!

I opened the oven door and to my surprise, I realized I had forgot the baked potato(s) which I had initially set out to make for Bryan before I had changed course and opted for the macaroni and cheese/chili combination.   Ooops! Those little wrinkly spuds had been baking away at 350 degrees for close to 2 1/2 hours.  I'm not even going to say what I thought of when I saw these little guys, you can decide for yourselves:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP