Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vita-Mix Arrives Just In Time for the Holidays!

 11.12.2011

A while ago I posted about how so very badly I yearned for a Vita-Mix.  After much reading lately on RAW and Vegan food preparations, I decided to bite the bullet and make the purchase.
I have to admit, rationalizing this near $500.00 blender purchase to my hubby wasn't easy, but law school served me well in my negotiation and persuasive argument skills, and I won this negotiation.  I poised the purchase as a necessary investment that our bodies could not live without.  I waited 1 1/2 long weeks for the big brown box to arrive. 

Not only did my commercial strength appliance come with a Live Fresh starter cookbook, but it also was accompanied with the The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder which I have begun avidly reading.  This book has been teaching me so much about digestion, nutrient absorption and overall health and gets me even more excited to begin trying delicious healthy and fresh new recipes. 



My purchase also came complete with Ani Phyo's Raw Food Essentials Cookbook, as well as 2 nut mylk bags so that I too, can soak, blend and strain my own nut mylk - in a variety of flavors to boot!

I couldn't wait to get started blending away and I was not disappointed one bit.  This thing has more horsepower than my husbands Dodge Avenger!
 


I started by making my first Vita Smoothie filled with frozen cherries, pineapple (it pulverizes huge chunks), blackberries (the Vita emulsifies seeds for a "super smooth" texture), water, a scoop of Garden of Life's Perfect Food Raw Organic Green Super Food, and a scoop of RAW Vegan protein powder.

The result? Nothing short of fabulous! I plan on starting every morning with a fruit/greens smoothie! There are so many different variations of recipes to try - and I can't wait to put to practice Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Breakfast Smoothie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP