Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CSA: To Join or Not to Join...That is the Question.

 11.12.2011


I have been debating whether or not to join a local Community Supported Agriculture group.  The following benefits of joining a CSA appeal to me:

1) We would obtain fresh produce, that is in season and grown organically and locally - so we know where it comes from and when (relatively speaking)

2) We are supporting local farmers :) and

3) It would be kind of fun to get a basket of fresh fruit and veggies every week or every other week - I mean, how cute is that!?

Has anyone ever joined one? Any pros or cons? I mean I am all for getting fresh veggies and fruits that are grown without pesticides, hormones or GMO's, but is it worth the money? It would lessen time at the market which I am all for! And I wold kind of like to meet the farmer who grows the produce we are putting on the table! I mean how old fashioned and fantastic would that be?

I am wondering though, just the two of us, would we need a weekly or bi-weekly (2x's a month) pick-up? Decisions...Decisions....

1 comments:

mom November 12, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Ask Lindsay. They do it! :) And I think they really like the idea, but I'm sure they have learned some things along the way...

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP