Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

It's War: Me v. Fruit Flies

 10.10.2011

Mid-evening as I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen, I literally pulled a pan from the sink that had been soaking and a flurry of knats arose and swarmed out like some kind of plague that had erected itself in our kitchen sink.


I look at Bryan, who is sitting there adorably trying to remember the code to his gym lock.  I say, "The knats are coming from the sink I think!" He just laughs and laughs.  We have been dealing with a knat infestation ever since I started buying pineapple and I am beginning to wonder...where exactly did these pineapples come from? Knatville? It's so not OK.


What's comforting is the fact that others too have shared this thought that knats may have come from pineapples.  This Yahoo user asks, "i bought a pineapple tree small one for in the house and cant get rid of these annoying little gnats."

Fruit Flies - for real!
Another Mampedia member wrote about her experiment when she found fruit flies all up in her kitchen.

"They were fruit flies, and what worked best (by accident) was a can of pineapple with one one slice left in it, and little to no juice. I took one slice out (leaving one slice in the can,) and put it on a plate per one of the suggestions. I covered the one leftover slice in the can and covered it by laying a tupperware lid ontop of it. It wasn't air tight, but enough to keep it from drying out.
Anyway, after 24 hours, only two fruit flies were attracted to the slice on the plate and died, so I threw that out. I went to throw out the can with the tupperware lid on it and there were TONS and TONS of fruit flies in the can that couldn't get out. I couldn't believe it. I don't know how they got in, and apparently they didn't know how to get out! That can went straight outside. Absolutely GROSS!
Apparently that was the answer though. WHO KNEW?!!! LOL!" (Full link here.)

Well, I may just have to try that.  But I am getting grossed out just thinking about it.  Bryannnnn????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP