Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chocolate MACA Protein Shake

 1.11.2012

One of my favorite shakes lately (and during my cleansing fast) has been a Chocolate MACA Protein shake.

If you have never heard of "Maca" before...you are in for a nutty/malty treat! I categorize Maca in the superfoods group along with other natural superfoods like cacao and goji berries.

Maca powder has many benefits for our bodies, including stipulating the endocrine system in the production of good hormones, increased libido, and much more! It is kind of expensive, and goes for about $11 at health food stores, or you can buy it online too.  I always like to get it from Mother's so I know what I am getting.

It is SUPER easy to make.  The only problem is, I don't think I can have it anymore because it contains bananas, which do not fit in squarely with my "No-starch" AS diet.  (To relieve symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis)

But it is only a banana, so we'll see...

To make:
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 frozen banana
1 scoop MRM Veggie Protein Powder, Chocolate
1 tbsp. Raw Maca Powder
5 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients in blender and enjoy with a straw!







I sometimes change it up a bit by using RAW Protein powder and a tbsp. of almond butter. 


It gives it a nice nutty flavor.  You can also try putting a tbsp. of raw cacao powder in for a super rich and creamy delight!!!!

And speaking of cleansing, tonight, after having a very tough day...I felt like breaking the fast on something bad and all I could think about was pizza.  I know I have one more day left but I couldn't fathom drinking another dinner (whether it be hot soup or a juice/smoothie) so I cracked and had a bowl of artichoke hearts steamed in water with seasonings.  I ate half the bowl and was full.  Then I had some organic unsweetened applesauce.  I am still full 2 hours later.  I guess the cleanse really does work.  I am actually excited to get back on it tomorrow.  Still going strong, feeling energized more than ever, and haven't taken an Aleve in 7 days. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP