Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fat Sick & Nearly Dead inspires Reboot (Cleansing Fast)

 1.04.2012

Yesterday I started my juice/liquids fast after being inspired by the documentary entitled "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." 



I do not consider myself fat, but the sick part definitely strikes a chord with me as I have been battling an inflammatory issue and want to give digestive system a break, to allow my body to use the energy it uses to facilitate digestion and instead use that energy to start healing.  But let's be honest, there is really never a good time to decide to stop eating solids, unless you are an infant.



So how is it going so far? Recap of yesterday: I juiced apple, pear and orange in the AM.  Then I went to the doctor, followed by a Mother's Market Goddess of Greens (instead of celery I asked for ginger because I do not like the strong flavor of celery).  Then I had a protein shake, made with vegan protein powder (chocolate flavor), almond milk, frozen banana, some ice, and a tbsp. Raw Maca Powder. That was DE-LICIOUS.  I think that will be my staple shake throughout this fast because the doctor told me I needed to get extra protein from somewhere.

I noticed I was grumpy.  I couldn't help it.  I was drinking a green apple, lemon, cucumber, spinach, and ginger for dinner.   Bryan was all psyched up to join me on this journey to wellness.  He is so supportive, and not only puts up with a wife who is drinking her meals and suffering the consequences of food-less rage, but also juices my morning blends before he goes to work.  Last night though, although my partner made it through the first day, he had to have some soup for dinner, something warm! I didn't blame him, at least it was still liquid!

I am hoping the cravings and hunger pangs will subside tomorrow, or the next day.  I am looking only 2 days ahead, taking the fast in 3-day chunks in order to avoid mental exhaustion and a self-fulfilling prohecy of failure.

I sipped on tea later in the evening.  Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP