Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ah ah ah ah ah I'm about to blow....

 6.15.2011

Second day in a row, getting home at 9-10pm with a whole head full of things to discuss with the husband.  It can be ridiculously hard...no make that humanly imposssible, somedays, to come home with a smile on your face.  But before I made it home, after a trip to the ATM in the grocery store, (because the bank is not open at 8:30pm!) and picking up some last minute dessert (ice cream and cake mixes which were on sale for $1!) I was reminded of something we learned last night at our weekly FPU class. In case you are wondering - no that's not a texting code for vulgarity.  Dave Ramsey was teaching on personality types, using the DISC model. 
D = Dominant Lion
I = Influencing Otter
S = Stable Golden Retriever
C = Compliant Beaver

I am an otter/beaver.  I know, classy.  But my husband is nothing other than the GOLDEN RETRIEVER, steady, loyal, calm, understanding, slow to act, low profile, yep, that's him!
The otter is outgoing, good talker, entertains others, impulsive, won't be quiet - the beav is very logical, factual, loves detail, can seem rigid, resistant to change, and can be too serious...

So needless to say, I was SO happy to come home to my retriever.  I'm not calling him a dog - I am saying I am so thankful for his calm, his loyalty, his steady eveness which grounds me in my chaos. He made us dinner, and made me have a glass of wine and relax.  That's what happiness is to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP