Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chocolate Cream Pie (from last week - it is now GONE)

 6.04.2011


versus



It's no Marie Calendar masterpiece, but it IS still chocolate cream pie, which turns out is harder to make than one would think!. But my oh my it was tasty.  A bit "sloppy," i.e. didn't hold its form too well, but I still managed to scarf down the entire pan within 3 days...my hubby only got 2 pieces.  I learned this philosophy, though now misapplied, from my mother: early bird gets the worm.... which is why i am rationalizing how i chose to eat the pie for breakfast 2 days in a row.

Later, I felt like being a masochist so I checked the calorie count in a typical slice of chocolate cream pie from marie calendars - according to this site its 535 per slice. Now, my pie may not have been as pretty, but I'm seriously hoping at this point the caloric content was less than MC's - I used nonfat milk in the Jello pudding mix (2 boxes - 3 1/2 c milk) and a fresh baked pie crust. Whipping cream (I used 1 carton but would use 2 next time) and shaved dark chocolate on top (the yellow package from TJoe's)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP