Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Dr. Laura - she said what?

 6.08.2011

A good friend of mine read this book her first year of marriage and then passed it on to me.  For those of use women who are assertive, go getter, educated women - this is a great thing! And though her viewpoints can be strong and viewed and criticized as anti-feminist - just shut up and read the book.  Seriously.  Sometimes the truth is hard to hear.  Especially when our egos and pride get in the way.  Any woman who has been married and is struggling, just got married, wants to get married, or doesn't want to get married should read this book.  

I always think of the true life stories, movies and books of famous, smart, successful women.  Just think of what they come home to every night, or who. IT is HARD if not impossible to do it all, in fact, some days, I am driving and think why couldn't I have been born the kind of person who is okay with mediocrity, or complacency, or oodles of patience.  And then I remember, that is why God gave me Bryan to come to, to balance me out.  To make me the best possible me.  So I can be myself, type A, spastic at times, but also be calm amidst the storms with my rock by my side.  Women, just read this book!

1 comments:

Holly Lombardo June 15, 2011 at 9:26 AM  

#1 Hi Katey!!!
#2 love the blog, it's so addicting huh?
#3 I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book and agree, just read it! I miss listening to her every day on the radio, she can totally whip me back into wifey shape!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP