Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cocoa-Coco Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies (GF+SF))

 9.03.2011


It has been nearly 3 weeks since I have baked anything...needless to say, both B and myself were going through dessert withdrawals.  Old habits die hard I guess.  It has been my mission throughout this get healthy regime to find a suitable replacement for my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Going into this self-made challenge, I knew my hurdles would be creating a cookie that not only was tasteful, but also contained an gourmet cookie consistency, chewy, moist, not too hard, not too soft, melt-in-your mouth qualities.

If you have ever attempted baking cookies or cakes without flour, butter, sugar (refined, white, brown, agave), crisco, vegetable oil, etc., you know it can be a gnarly task.  After researching substitute products and taking inventory of the ingredients already in my kitchen, I came up with a tentative game plan and began executing said plan, allowing for unexpected modifications along the way.

The result? Interesting, to say the least.  I would say, by and large, it is not the worst cookie I ever tasted, and far better than any store bought gluten free/sugar free variety.  If you are truly committed to eating organic and healthy, I presume this kind of cookie substitution is as close to good as it's gonna get.  But I will not give up on my quest.  Not just yet.

Recipe posted below.




Recipe for way too healthy to be cookies, cookies:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and brush coconut oil over cookie sheet.

Beat together on medium/low speed in medium bowl until mixture is fully combined:
3 eggs
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/3 c. organic raw honey
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon 

By Hand, Stir in:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pure bourbon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. xantham gum1 c. organic coconut flour
3/4 c. quinoa flakes

Roll mixture into balls.

Bake 15 minutes.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP