Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Going Raw- Au Natural or Au Pain in the Ass?

 9.19.2011






So I bought this book on Amazon last week.  I have been attempting to "go Raw," which entails much more effort than I could have ever have imagined in my worst nightmares.

I read through the entire guide/"how to" this weekend, and with each flip of the shiny picture filled pages, I grew more and more weary and painfully aware of my stark inadequacies in the kitchen.
Bryan and I had planned a trip to Mother's Market this weekend since the Grand Opening near our place just occurred.  Before heading out, he said he wanted to help me make a grocery list.  Wise plan, I thought.  So, I sat Going Raw down in front of him as he was perched on the edge of the couch, sporting full on chargers jersey attire, watching the game.  
I continued to buzz around the house, randomly glimpsing over at the book and my husband,  to see if he was actually reading the book, or at least looking at the pictures, hoping he would find something, anything in there he could get excited about.  At each commercial, I saw him act interested for a second here and there.  And then, at the next break, I heard him say, "You've gotta be kidding me!" You gotta prepare to prepare to prepare this food!"  I laugh, but inside I know he's right.  

Dehydrating fruits, soaking nuts, straining milk through cheese clothes, it all seems a bit much for me. And fact of the matter is, before we got married, both B and I ate out most of the time: Grabbing coffee on the go, out to eat for lunch, and take out most nights.  

Getting married and attempting to master domestication has been a challenge in and of itself.  But now, adding a complete new "non-cooking" element to the mix is almost too much pressure for my little blissfully wedded heart to take on! 

I am taking it day by day, and not putting too much pressure on the whole Raw thing though.
Most days end up like today, work, head to the grocery store for fresh fruits and veggies and items I forgot or have been requested by the Hubs, drive home, unload groceries, start cooking dinner, wash dishes, and by the time I get to eating the dinner, I'm almost too tired to care.

I think the key is "preparing" on the weekends, setting side some time to get things going for the week.  And what I would REALLY love is to meet Miss Judita for a one-on-one Raw Session!

That would really make my freaking day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP