Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisen Scones

 9.10.2011






These ended up looking a bit like scones on the outside, and bread on the inside.  Perhaps it was because I did not have time for the 60 minutes of "dough raising" and stuck them right in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.  I also didn't do the whole "yeast in the water until it foams" step.  Because I didn't see the damn yeast packet in the package until I had dumped the entire mixture into the water.  I blame Bob.  Make that packet more obvious! I'm not a veteran bread baker people!  I made the bread in a cupcake pan so they would be individual scone-type treats for my hubby's birthday - and love baking for people - especially when I know the ingredients are not terrible for their guts.  But I have to get them out of the house pronto or else I would graze like a mad cow until they were all gone!


I used walnut oil instead of vegetable oil.  No hydrogenated oils and is not pro-inflammatory like most vegetable oils.

The best oils are avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil and olive oil.  These do not contain any partially hydrogenated oils and they do contain the good omegas (3 and 6)
**Avocado oil is rich in anti-inflammatory oleic acid (an omega-9 fat).



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP