Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vegan + Gluten Free: Banana Coconut Quinoa Bars

 9.10.2011





To be honest, I was completely afraid how these would turn out.  I specifically did NOT tell B there was tofu in them, or else I knew he would never lay a finger on them.  To my pleasant surprise, B loved them! 

With the hubby's approval, I wandered over to the neighbors' house so their 4 and 6 year old kids could be my next guinea pigs. After all, kids and drunk people are usually brutally honest.  Not sophisticated or manipulative enough to compliment so as not to bruise my ego.  I knew if they passed the kid test, then I could be sure these were actually a decent creation! 

The six year old boy first tasted a bite, paused, and we asked him what he thought.  He paused again and continued shoving more in his mouth to make sure he could make an informed decision about what he thought of the little yellow bars.  Then he started screaming at the top of his lungs and jumping up and down.  It was SO cute, and I definitely took that as a good sign.  As a props to his mother, this young child knows that quinoa is and even more impressive, likes it!  If I had heard the word "quinoa" at age six I would have thought it was a foreign language!

So here's the good stuff:
1/2 c. quinoa flakes
1/2 c. coconut flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. baking soda
1/4 c. Organic unsweetened coconut flakes
2 very ripened bananas
1/2 c. silken tofu
1/4 cup Organic Natural Peanut Butter
2 tbsp. Raw Organic Honey

Directions:
Mix together dry ingredients in medium bowl.  Blend together bananas, honey, tofu & peanut butter and add to dry mixture, mixing together.

Spray loaf pan with olive oil, press mixture into pan, cook for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Remove, cool, and slice into bars.

Garnish plate with raw honey swirls or sprinkled cinnamon before placing bars onto plate!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP