Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Banned from Sugar? WHAT?

 8.11.2011

You can take away gluten, meat, even carbs, but don't you DARE take away my SUGAR!

Now, I thought it would be fun and a bit challenging to create gluten free confections! But taking away my sugar? After I made the gluten free brownies last week and purchased coconut flour, Xantham Gum, and all the other necessary items I would need to whip up G-free treats, B looked at me and said, "You know, just because it's gluten free doesn't mean its good for you."  Turns out, he's wise beyond his years.

Fast forward to my appointment with my naturopath doctor.  She literally stared me straight in the eyes and told me, "No more sugar."  You can't tell that to a baker! Someone who literally gets HAPPY from baking, and eating, baked goods! I love sugar, white sugar, brown sugar, real sugar, fake sugar, sugar in the raw, powdered sugar, any kind of sugar is my friend! Or so I thought.  Well, as it turns out, sugar is my enemy and it's time for a revolution.

I am now on the hunt for all things sugar-free and gluten-free that actually taste good.  It's going to be a challenge, but when your health is on the chopping block, it's not really much of a negotiable issue now is it?

     PS - check out this Gluten Free Tiramisu recipe to die for here! 

I may just have to make this and start my sugar free trial later.  Mppfff. 

1 comments:

Me August 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

Same thing happened to me and I was shell shocked. Sugar really is the devil though, once you ween away from it, you will see how differently you feel. I can't even do sugar-free stuff cuz of the chemicals so aside from fruit, veggies and my indulgence of dairy free ice cream, I steer clear of most sugar. You won't even crave it anymore once you detox from it. Also dark chocolate is very low in sugar and Lindt makes a yummy 85% and even 90% cocoa bar. I love the look of this blog btw. What platform is this? I am not thrilled with how my new healthy blog looks. I keep putting off making it "live".

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP