Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sliced Potato Bake topped with Vegetarian Chili

 8.12.2011

Last nights dinner started out as a great idea....I had a vision of warm, vegetarian multi-bean chili cascading over  a decadent and rich potato bake casserole, much like what is pictured below:
So even though I did not have the requisite ingredients necessary to create the above dish, I used what I had on stash in order to improvise a potato dish that was different from the usual boring baked potato or mashed potatoes....

And this was the Result:






To make the chili, I used Vegetarian Chili Mix, add one can black beans, one can kidney beans, one onion, chopped, and jalepenos.

For the potatoes, I peeled and sliced 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, spread Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a 9 inch casserole dish, layered the potato slices in the dish, sprinkled rosemary and basil, and then covered the potatoes with 6 oz of cream cheese.  Bake for 45 minutes in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees.

Overall, I would count it a success, even though what transpired was nothing like the grand vision of gourmet I had in mind.  But chili and potatoes are good comfort food, and after my full day of work and doctor appointments...it was a nice retreat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP