Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Huevos + Juice: Ring the Alarm!

 8.30.2011






Try this healthy breakfast! Corn Tortillas smothered with scrambled eggs (2 yolks to 4 egg whites), avocado slices, chopped onion, Soy Cheese, Salsa,  sprinkled with a bit of cilantro! I would have added soy chorizo, but I forgot I had put it in the freezer, so next time. :)

I also thought of adding black beans, but I needed to whip up breakfast in a jiffy so I opted out...

My sister in law knows how to cook tortillas on a stove top practically in her sleep.  She handles that stovetop like Sir-Mix-Alot.  I have to become her understudy ASAP; well that, or purchase myself a nice big, accessible fire extinguisher because I now have third degree burns on my phalanges and nearly lost all of my hot air blowing out a small fire.

Which only reminds me of good times, when we were kids and would bug my mom about when dinner would be ready.  My mom would reassure us, "You'll know when dinner is ready when you hear the fire alarm; come and get it while its hot!"

It was either the alarm or the cow bell which lead us to the table!



Every time I attempt to warm a tortilla on my stove, I have grand visions walking past the windows of the ladies making the fresh tortillas in Old Town San Diego.  It never turns out anything like my memory.  But I digress, maybe I need to get one of those grills with the holes in it? Does anyone know what that is?


To wash down the Huevos Semi-Rancheros - a nice freshly juiced cocktail full of:
Cabbage
Orange
Apples
Beet
and Ginger!

Get your AM drank on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP