Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

RESISTing the temptation...

 8.31.2011


I used to wake up looking forward to Wednesdays.  Why, you wonder?

Because Wednesdays are days the corner break room is freshly stocked with Panera bagels, croissants, scones, cookies, and/or donuts.  And this bounty of beautifully tempting & tasty treats extends throughout the remainder of the week.

Each time I walk to the water cooler, it's like I have to talk to myself into obedience.  I, at times, consider taking just a little bite (ok, if I'm honest, it crosses my mind often).  Somehow I have manage to talk myself out of self-sabotaging by reminding myself that I can never have just one, but not after I give these little sprinkled wonders a good once-over.

Some days are worse than others.  But bypassing the temptation does get slightly easier as time goes on and I have more separation from processed/complex carbs.  The fact that I feel better without them is a nice consolation; however, I sometimes wonder if I will ever forget the euphoria of the first crumbly break of a sprinkled cake donut, or the melted glaze of several donut holes, or the crunch of a freshly toasted everything bagel with melted cream cheese dripping off the edge onto my finger.  Like I said, somedays are harder than others. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP