Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Roles as Women in Today’s Society

 8.13.2011


One of my favorite perks of expanding my blog-hobby is reading posts from fellow female bloggers that cover relatable issues we all deal with as career women.  Verification, understanding, and knowing that other women experience the same balancing act of work + home life soothes my soul, if nothing else.  We may not have all the answers...the following quote from a recent post by a fellow BlogHer publisher got my attention:
"Yep, I thought to myself. I can do it all. I can be a good wife and mom, keep the house clean and have my dream career. I am woman. HEAR ME ROAR....
And then my seven-year-old daughter said something the other night that shot all my smug thoughts straight to hell."


"...I found myself sitting with a half-dozen other bloggers and PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyifor a conversation about our roles as women in today’s society, the work-family balance is exactly what came up."

Read complete post here.

Also, see this article covering women's health and stress.
Highlights: "After following the health of more than 17,000 women -- mainly Caucasian health professionals -- for more than 10 years, the researchers concluded that a stressful job increased a woman's risk of heart attack by about 88 percent and raised the risk for bypass surgery or other major cardiovascular procedure by about 43 percent."

"Men, of course, face plenty of stress and heart-health risks themselves...but working women tend to shoulder more, including raising a family and maintaining the home. "Women have to be particularly attuned to the issue of various stressors in their lives and seek help to manage them." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP