Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crazy for Coconut!!!!

 7.18.2011

Apparently July is the month for all things Coconut.  It all began with my trial run with Coconut Milk.  I have tried Soy, Almond, Silk, etc...and I just have not been able to make the switch.  Until I discovered this little green box of glorious goodness.  I use it for my cereal, and baking~ and it was the platform for my experimentation with pancakes and cupcakes!

Coconut Pancakes~ Melt in your mouth! Slightly Altered Bisquick Recipe:
Prepare by adding 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract, 1/4 c. Coconut, Tbsp Sugar, tsp Baking Powder and 1/2 c. coconut milk.


 stack them up and top with powdered sugar and lite syrup (this recipe already has enough sugar for the AM!)




CUPCAKES: Strawberry with Buttercream Coconut Frosting
Frosting: 4 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick (1/2 c.) unsalted butter, 1/4 c milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract, food coloring if desired, and top with coconut!

Because I used the small cupcake liners, I was able to make my honey a little surprise cake! Warning: I am trying out new tips on my fabulous new "Gourmet Chef" frosting gun.  It's stainless steel, and means serious business.  So far I am LOVING it.  But still getting used to how to make different designs and decorations.  I think I'll watch a YouTube video....they have EVERYTHING on there!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP