Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creme de la Diaper Rash?

 7.25.2011

La Mer skin products may or may not be an excessive indulgence, depending on who you are talking to.  The magical sea-kelp and fermented underwater creams will cost you on average $300 +.   But because I am a recent devoted fan, I attended a La Mer Facial Event this past weekend where the company flew in an East Coast Sales Rep to assist with La Mer's promotional event.   I booked an appointment a week out to receive some form of a "waterless" facial (read: product demo) in the middle of the mall, with hundreds of passer-byers who could peer at my bare face as their form of free entertainment for the afternoon.   Anyway, I show up for my appointment excited and ready to glow. I introduce myself to the Sales Rep. Allow me to paint a picture of this East Coast Sales Rep woman: she is tall, thin, has extremely masculine shaped brows, sharp features and a perfectly made-up face; she is wearing an equally perfect tailored black short-sleeved blazer and pencil skirt and mile-high stilettos, which caused her to reach well above Amazon Goddess in stature.

She stood a few feet from me pressing the miracle concentrate broth into a young, porcelain-faced Asian woman who did not need any arm-twisting to purchase the $375 bottle of broth that promises nothing shy of an all-out miracle. 


As Amazon de La Mer boasted about the wonders of this amazing product that inspires a celebrity cult-like following, I listened discreetly to her sales pitch.  Then, as if she had said it a million times before, she causally, yet empathetically, made the following statement causing me to nearly fall out of my bar stool.  

Creme de la Amazon: "Also, this creme is just really great to put on babies' bottoms when they have diaper rashes; it just zap, clears it right up."


OK.  I can't even make this stuff up. Here I am, seriously pondering whether my husband will perform another audit on our joint account when he notices another $75 missing for my weekly facial scrub, and this woman is advertising Creme de La Mer as a baby butt cream!

I will say this, you gotta hand it to the woman.  She obviously makes enough money, that should she be blessed with children (I have no idea whether she does or does not), she can afford to use $250 creme on those tiny tots' bums.  I am not sure how you recover from being raised with a crease-less, rash-less, ageless, spot-less, high-priced baby backside! Try teaching that kid to be frugal when the economy takes it's next dive!  Johnson and Johnson will be just fine for my future fetus' bum, thank you very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP