Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sriracha makes everything taste better!

 7.12.2011

My refrigerator used to look something like this...give or take a few condiments, Diet Coke, and wine.  But I know now, if I only had ONE item to keep in the fridge and keep my man happy....it would be SRIRACHA aka "Rooster sauce." 



And, if nothing else, adding extreme spice to any disaster dish will trick your taste-buds and suffocate unpleasant flavors...

Anyway, my wonderful hubby tried the below recipe from the "Weeknight Wonders" section of Sandra Lee's cookbook (my favorite).  I was home late, and had NO energy or will or creativity or desire to cook A THING.  But thankfully, he whipped this up and saved the night! It was DE-LISH!
20 minute prep + cook time = happy me :)


2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 c. white wine
3 T. chopped fresh tarragon (I couldn't find this but used basil and it tasted great!)
1 t. lemon pepper
1 t. crushed garlic
I also added a few dashes of Sriracha sauce (for an extra spicy kick)!

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cook and stir for 8 - 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Stir in soup, wine, tarragon, lemon pepper, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot. 

Mix with brown rice or rice pilaf! Top with SRRRRIRRRAACHAAA!  SOOO good!


Bryan's Next Halloween Costume!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP