Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creme de la Creme

 7.11.2011

What the Code says about: La Mer

I used to think La Mer was only for the elite crest of fresh faced females who have so much money they don't know what else to do with it other than spend it on ridiculously expensive face cream.  However, awhile back I had asked a defense attorney, who had really porcelain, wrinkle-free skin, what secret she was keeping from the rest of us smooth skin seekers.  To my surprise, she replied "La Mer!" I almost peed my pants when she told me her age.  She was at least 15 years older than she looked! One of the main reasons I was surprised she used La Mer was because she was a county employee, which, let's be honest, removes her from my stereotypical category of La Mer purchasers.  She explained that it was the only product she had found that kept her skin looking great, feeling great, and rid of rosacea.  

Now I have tried my fair share of facial creams, cleansers, toners, masks, exfoliants, from Neutrogena and various drug store brands all the way to high-end dermatologist brands.  But I always wanted to try La Mer, to see if it really was worth its weight in seaweed (or kelp; you can read about the magic of La Mer here.)  
One of the benefits of being a lawyer is that I can talk myself into pretty much anything, talk my way out of a lot of things, and also, rationalize the hell out of most things.  And if you think about it, if you use the product sparingly, and it lasts a period of 6 months, then you are probably SAVING money in the long run my not trying and buying various other products which promise flawless subtle glowing complexions.  And so I found myself purchasing the 3 part set (and it came with a sample size cleanser, serum, eye concentrate and creme!)  But it was still a chunk of change, and I'm not gonna lie, I felt a little queasy, a little foolish, giddy, and a tad prideful as I brought my sparkling green box home and carefully unwrapped its contents.  The Cream comes with it's own spoon (much like the taster spoons at Baskin Robbins) so as to not waste the cream under your fingernails.


So far, this stuff is like liquid platinum for your face.  It's only been 2 days so I don't yet know the full and true effects of this stuff.  But so far, I think I am well on my way to being a fan for life.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP