Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Swing and Spring into Summer...

 7.09.2011

A recent wallet busting trip left me with 2 new tires on my car ANNND, much like a kid after a check up at the pediatrician, I got to pick out my own tire from the stack of rubber in the back to take home! I always wanted a tire swing, and B had been talking about one for some time.  So I surprised him, and he went to work getting this swing up and ready! After loping and knotting, I took a seat, and realized, low profile tires are built for speed, durability, and looks but NOT for comfort!!!
  

Summer time, around 5:30-6:30pm is my ALL time favorite time of day...If I could, I would make this time of the day extend for 5 hours...it is magical! Maybe we will replace that low profile tire with a hammock!


And speaking of being outside, I can't even describe the high I get from exploring the gardening section of places like Home Goods and Big Lots.  And I have also recently discovered my affinity towards the Home Depot.  I used to think HD's sole purpose was to have a place for men to go, where they can spend hours browsing aisles and not feel like a pansy.  Let's be honest, I thought it to be a man mall.
But my eyes are now open to the glory of gardening!  If B says he is running to Home Depot or Ace Hardware to pick up a few things on a Saturday morning, I jump at the opportunity to join him.  I had no idea these places had so many cool finds! 

But gardening is not for the weak thumbed. Unless you have a fulltime herbologist on staff, I recommend plants of the eternal silk variety - pros: low maintenance and water free. Cons: can be expensive, look a little creepy, and do not produce oxygen.  

I wanted to try my nongreen thumb out by starting small on a potted herb kit.  The easy part was planting the seeds.  It was soothing.  I don't know exactly why, its hard to describe.  It just IS.  It reminded me of when I was a kid and used to make mud pies in our backyard after it rained.  I guess its the same satisfaction you get from creating a meal from scratch, a sense of pride attaches when you have a stake in the outcome.  I set my pot out front and waited with anticipation for the first sight of life.   

Within a week, I was so HAPPY at my herbs growing!



Then things got busy, and I neglected my baby pot for a few days.


 It did not like that.  I attempted herb CPR, and revived a portion.

I apparently overestimated my green thumb skills...What started out as a colorful hanging pot from Home Depot on sale for 6.99





Soon became less vibrant:

I will keep trying...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP