Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Crusted Salmon (and Omega 3)

 7.31.2011

The great thing about Trader Joe's is you can purchase pre-crusted Salmon, bake it, and dinner is ready in a snap! Bryan actually made this wonderful dinner for me this weekend, and I had to give him credit.  Mixed greens with crumbled blue cheese and raspberry vinagrette dressing, sauteed zucchini with garlic, and a half fresh lime squeezed over the salmon.  Now, I had a hard time myself eating the salmon because I am NOT a fish fiend. The Inflammation Syndrome recommends eating fresh fish 3-4 times per week because of the Omega-3 it contains.  Omega 3 so good for our bodies because it is a natural anti-inflammatory.  The book explains that so much of the food we eat now-a-days has Omega 6 (bad - i.e. pro-inflammatory).  The Omega-3 helps counter balance that and keep CRP levels down so our bodies can naturally fight disease and inflammation.

I know myself though, and I will never be able to follow the fish 3-4 times a week recommendation.  Since I am mostly vegetarian, I plan to supplement the Omega-3 with Krill Oil (2-4 per day). However, I had to give it a shot.  Maybe my taste buds will become accustom to the fish flavor, but I doubt it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP