Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday Bake-a-thon

 7.10.2011

So this morning I was in a baking mood.  Which is not unusual for Sundays...because usually during the week I brainstorm and daydream about baking...and don't actually have time to do bake until the weekends.  So this morning, we started off with pancakes...

 The worlds smallest pancake on the left.  Yes, it says 1:08.  That's PM in case you were curious.  So it was more like lunch....so what?  My mom used to make us really thin, small pancakes so that's what I like to make.


Then it was on to making Healthy Carrott Muffins: I used carrot cake mix, added cinnamon, honey toasted almonds, ground flax flakes, and some chocolate chips (I know, those aren't included in the "healthy" category) but to me, they can still be considered on the healthier side of muffins.  Everything is relative; Costco muffins pack enough calories for an entire day...and yes, I have eaten them whole many a time; but now, just thinking about it gives me a stomach ache and that feeling in the back of your throat similar to eating banana bread too fast....what IS that feeling????

 You should have seen me and B trying to get these muffins out of the pan, this is the unglamorous part of baking.  We were hitting the pans upside down like giving a baby CPR and yelling at the pan "come out!"It was kind of fun actually, but what's the deal with nonstick spray?? I need to find a better one, I'll be on the look out.  Maybe spreading crisco on the pan instead of non-stick cooking spray would work better?
And finally, I Red Velvet Chocolate Cupcakes. I added some melted chocolate to this batch, which I learned from a recipe for Gourmet White Chocolate Cookies which I will post soon...I have a lot of recipes that I have tried/am dying to try but can get backlogged a bit for posting them.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP