Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Patron Citronage: Cough Syrup or Spirits?

 7.12.2011

About a month ago, I had a housewarming party.  The cupcakes were burned, we ran out of beef to the BBQ, and I was confronted with a harsh reality:  LIQUEUR IS NOT THE SAME AS LIQUOR!

There I was, hosting and sipping what I believed to be my "orange-flavored skinny margarita," a splendid citrusy-summer-cocktail....sweet, and smooth.  I was rudely awakened from my citrusy dream when my guests blatantly informed me that was no skinny margarita.  They told me "that is basically pure sugar you are drinking."  Ok, so its not flavored tequila, as I had believed.  But it's also not exactly a wimpy liqueur either!  It packs 80 proof punch, packaged in Nyquil thickness....If nothing else, this stuff is the perfect cure for a sore throat or a bad cough! (No, not for kids, you can relax mom!)

But getting back to the housewarming party.... I honestly thought I was drinking a "skinny margarita!"  After my bubble was burst, I was consumed with that sinking feeling in my stomach, the same one I get when I suspect the distracted baristas at Starbucks substitute Whole Milk for my Nonfat, or Sugary for my SugarFree syrup (BTW - SOOOO annoying... you seriously have to watch those people like a hawk!)

Mppffff! Anyway, now that I am fully aware of Patron's spirits spectrum, I recommend Citronage as a mixer rather than straight up (ahem, again, unless you have a sore throat).

As a mixer, here's a great recipe for a tasty margarita:
2 shots Patron silver tequila 
1/2 shot Patron Citronge 
Juice of 1 squeezed lime 

And for the girl- watching her figure: 
The Skinny Margarita - a la Bethany Franklin....

  • 2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila

  • Tiny splash of Orange Liquor (*note: 103 calories per oz)

  • Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges

  • Splash of Grand Marnier or BOLS Triple Sec (**I usually have mine without this part) and serve on the rocks with salted rim!



  • So Most of the calories are coming from the Orange Liqueur....but as for taste....I have tried the pre-mixed store-bought version and I do not recommend it....it's just no substitute for the real deal.


    My signature twist on the Skinny Girl Margarita:

    Patron Silver
    Soda Water (lime/tangerine flavored - sodium free, calorie free)
    Fresh Lime Juice


    You will like this if you like a margarita that is less sweet, and you don't mind the taste of tequila!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

    Back to TOP