Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our First Time...Eating Out without Gluten!

 7.31.2011

Tonight I was a little scared to attempt to find a place to eat for me and Bryan that we would both like and that was G-Free.  B wanted Chipotle, and Pick up Stix is right next door.  I went in and asked the girl behind the counter what they served that was Gluten Free.  She handed me a list.  B asked her how many people ask for G Free menu options, and she replied without hesitation: "Since I have worked here, only SEVEN (7) people have asked for it." I was BLOWN AWAY! I thought for sure more people would have asked about gluten free options! I won't be surprised if within 6 months, restaurants readily advertise gluten free options.  Anyway, I was excited to see that Pad Thai was on the G-Free list - so I got the Pad Thai bowl with Tofu.  It was very good!



Bryan got the steak salad from the Chip.  I was so proud of him! I think for the most part his entire salad was G Free without even trying!




And then for dessert, we couldn't pass up a trip to Yogurtland.  Based on my previous post about Yogurtland, I was worried they would not have listed the ingredients or which flavors were G-Free - but to my pleasant surprise- each flavor listed whether it was G -Free or not!
Pretty much the only flavors that were not were: Chocolate Milk Shake, NSA (no sugar added) Cheesecake, and I think one other - but there were still plenty of flavors to choose from!


Instead of piling on cheesecake and brownie bits like I usually do, I opted for fruit (strawberries, kiwi, blueberries and blackberries, plus coconut and peanuts) I left very happy, and also very full!
I have to say, I feel like since I began this G-Free quest, I have been getting full faster! I think it may be a placebo effect, or maybe because I am drinking so much more water to down the vitamins and supplements I have been taking (watching me swallow pills is a pure comedic experience!) But all in all - my first full day of navigating the Gluten-less waters was smooth sailing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP