Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My big fat greek...Omlette?

 7.31.2011

I must start out by saying I completely thought I was making a pizza.  Although the recipe from my Newlywed cookbook read "Greek Omelette" the photo which accompanied the recipe looked like a nice pizza! (Similar to photo to left)

I bought all the ingredients and was excited to try something new.  I rolled out the dough, and got ready to start whipping up dinner.  Then I read down the page, there was no pizza to be had.  What looked like a pizza in a pan was actually a full on omelet.

Uh oh.  I already had the ingredients, but this recipe did not call for dough!  It was time to get creative and figure out what to make of this meal.  So I prepared the omelette as directed....6 eggs, chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese - bake in the oven for 20 minutes.  At the same time, I baked the dough, brushed with olive oil and spices.
 I also heated up some tomato soup to dip the bread in.
 The egg dish came out perfectly!
 And to pull it all together, I added some mixed greens, balsamic dressing and placed that in top of the pizza, and left on slice for dipping in the soup.  IT was kind of a random meal, but I have to say, it was delicious and made for some tasty leftovers for breakfast! Still baffling, however, is why the Greek omelette was in the dinner section of the cookbook.  But, no one ever said breakfast for dinner is a sin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP